I’ve been thinking about this for awhile, and this is my list of criteria for the perfect mate. As long as half of these are checked off, that sounds like a decent compromise. Some of the criteria obviously carry more weight than the others, though. I don’t think I’ve ever been physically attracted to a non-smoker. Them’s the breaks.
- Physically Active / Exercises or plays sports often
- Has friends & an active social life
- Well-spoken & interested in having conversations
- Loves his family
- Open to / interested in spirituality
- Wants to help the world, or at least understands that impulse in me
- Creates things
- Avid traveler
- Aware of the world
- Not a crazy bleeding heart, but definitely not too conservative
- Open minded
- Good listener
- Can express himself
- Great kisser
- Loves Halloween & costumes
- Plays games; isn’t afraid to nurture his inner child and laugh now and then
- Can cook
- Doesn’t say no to adventures
- Creates adventures
- Plans dates
- Drinks wine
- Watches what I want to watch without bitching or sulking (talking about documentaries, not chick flicks)
- Seductive / In control
- Makes me feel feminine
- Makes me feel safe
- Enjoys nature, no matter what time of year
- Likes some of the same music I do (not all, but at least 1/3 so we can go to concerts together)
- Doesn’t take stupid risks (smoking, drunk driving, criminal activity)
- SUPPORTIVE. I don’t care if it IS the fifth time I’ve tried to go vegan, it’s your job to have my back and believe that this time is the time.
- Be the other half of my team.
5 Comments Add yours
Wow, that’s a lot! I am just good with a guy/girl who has the same interests as me!
These are all my interests 🙂 Most of these are things I find attractive in any potential friend, and many are qualities I see in myself (or wish to cultivate – I can’t cook worth shit, lol!)
I can’t cook either. All my previous boyfriends loved to cook. Isn’t that strange?
Same here. I look at it as a kind of divine intervention, though. Poor guys have to eat, and they’d starve with me!
Wow, the divine intervened for me like three times because I had three boyfriends who all liked to cook!