It’s my lunch break, so I thought I’d take a few minutes to jot down some notes about what’s going on right now…
1) My life/work balance is not at all balanced. It’s more like a see-saw with a baby elephant on the “Work” end and nothing on the “Life” end. I’m eventually going to have to rework my schedule and get my shit together, but it’s too much for me right now. I just hope The Man doesn’t give up on me before that happens – he’s getting the shit end of the stick, since I’m working between 12 and 16 hours a day right now.
2) I need to call my grandparents. They’re old, and I haven’t talked to any of them in years. I also need to call my parents, whom I forgot to call on New Years and have managed to successfully avoid calling (out of total guilt) ever since. While we’re at it, let’s add about five friends that I talked to sometime last year. Let’s call them, too. And now you know why I never call anyone – once the flood gates open, I’ll never be done talking to people on the phone. I HATE the phone. Why doesn’t anyone email or text?
3) I’m wearing a really cute outfit today – most of it snagged at the Banana Republic outlet store at steep sale prices. I’ve got on these great dark jean trousers, a tomato red sweater, an off-white lacy camisole, metallic snake skin print shoes (vegan), the lovely vintage Omega watch The Man gave me for my birthday, and a cute little black hemp bracelet from World Market that has a gold and rhinestone snake charm on it. It’s one of those simple, but pulled-together, looks that make you feel like a million bucks all day long.
4) Today was my 2nd full personal training session with Eric Capers of Pro Fitness Trainers. He really kicked my butt, and my weaknesses were glaringly obvious, but I feel really good about how hard I worked out. He really pushes me to be better, and makes me want to do better to not look too stupid 🙂 Today I’m down to 155.8 lbs.
5) Part of that loss is because I’ve been very good about following my nutrition plan. Right now I’m eating a fresh edamame succotash and a cup of veggie soup, with a glass of unsweetened ginger mint tea. It feels decadent, but it’s so simple. It feels good to eat whole foods and stay away from animal products, so I really hope I can stick with it.
6) Really need to watch some documentaries this week! I’m falling behind. It would be nice to watch something else about food safety, and there’s a great one about American horror movies that I know I could get The Man to watch if I tried. Maybe if I work hard enough tonight I’ll be able to go home to no work at all. That would be lovely.